About the project
The sports facilities at Victoria Road Reserve are dated and require a much-needed upgrade.
Works will include:
- Oval reconstruction including a new drainage and irrigation system, installation of sand profile, turf, new AFL goals (including onsite goal post storage), new oval perimeter fencing and new player benches with synthetic pads installed on the turf to prevent wear and tear in a high use area.
- Increasing cricket practice nets from 3 lanes to 4 lanes (partially funded by an Australian Government Grant). These nets will move slightly to the north-west and the current path will be realigned to facilitate this. This will take the synthetic run-ups off the sportsground to improve the playability for sporting clubs and maintenance regimes. To move the nets, 2 trees will be removed and 3 new trees will be planted to replace them.
- Removing the existing 4 sportsground lights and replacing them with 4 new, environmentally friendly LED sportsground lights. These are black powder coated poles 30 metres in height.
- Installing new safety fencing to protect the playground, south boundary and west AFL goals.
- Installing a new synthetic cricket pitch (partially funded by an Australian Government Grant) and surrounds with the pitch moving slightly to the west.
These upgrades will complement the recent renewal of the Victoria Road Reserve pavilion, and will provide a high-quality sportsground for our community.
The budget for this project is approximately $1.7 million.
These upgrades were originally expected to start in September 2022. Due to unseasonal weather conditions, the project start date was delayed until September 2023.
|February 2022||Detailed design commences|
|September 2023||Construction commence|
|Mid 2024||Construction is expected to be completed|
There will be no access to Victoria Road Reserve during construction. Temporary fencing will be installed for community safety while the upgrades are completed.
We are working with local sports clubs and community groups who use the sportsground to find alternative solutions and ensure there is minimal disruption to their activities.
To support truck access and deliveries for these works, 4 car spaces on Victoria Road (next to our access gate, opposite the mechanic shop) will be unavailable during construction.