Some of our services are closed or have different hours on the public holiday before the AFL Grand Final – Fri 29 Sept 2023

Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed

If you have determined that you need a Planning Permit for your project, you need to:

  1. Obtain a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days' old.
  2. Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
  3. Complete the Planning Permit application form and lodge the form, fee and supporting documents with Council. 
    To download the form and submit the application, see Apply for a Planning Permit.
  4. Now check whether you need a Tree Works Permit.

VicSmart eligibility

A Planning Permit application for a crossover is eligible to be assessed as a VicSmart application if your land is affected by either of the following:

  • Heritage Overlay
  • Special Building Overlay (special conditions apply).

Find out more on the VicSmart permits page