How to use this guide

Start at Step 1 and answer the questions one at a time until you know whether you need any of the following permits before starting works:

  • Memorandum of Authorisation (VicRoads)
  • Planning Permit
  • Tree Works Permit
  • Vehicular Crossover Permit
  • Asset Protection Permit
  • Road or Footpath Occupancy Permit.

Before you begin

Before finalising your design:

 This is a complex process that is normally carried out by a building contractor.

More information

Contact Statutory Planning or Building Services for general enquiries, or if you need help with either a Planning or Building Permit.

In this guide: