Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed
If you have determined that you need to apply for a Planning Permit:
- Provide a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days old.
- Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
- Provide a plan drawn to scale (1:100 or 1:200) with full dimensions, as well as an A3-sized set. The plan must show the site, floor layout and elevations.
- Check whether your application is eligible to be fast-tracked under VicSmart.
- Complete the Application for a Planning Permit.
- Lodge the form, application fee and supporting documents with Council.
- Go to the next step to see whether you need a Building Permit.