About Amendment C385boro
We are proposing changes to planning controls affecting land at 399 Burwood Road, Hawthorn.
Amendment C385boro proposes to rezone the site from Public Use Zone 6 (PUZ6) to Commercial 1 Zone (C1Z).
Rezoning has potential community benefits
The land presents a strategic property opportunity, with the potential for community-wide benefits.
In its current state, Serpells Lane is an under-utilisation of the land. We have identified this and shared it in the Glenferrie Structure Plan (2011) and the Council report (25 July 2022).
Rezoning would enable greater possible commercial returns if we decided to proceed with selling the land. Then, the additional funding from the sale could help deliver key projects throughout Boroondara.
Current status (May 2023)
On 15 May 2023, the Urban Planning Delegated Committee (UPDC) considered the independent Panel's report into Amendment C385boro and resolved to:
- Receive and acknowledge the Panel's report and recommendations, as shown at Attachment 1, in accordance with Section 27 (1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Refer Amendment C385boro to a Meeting of Council to be adopted in accordance with Section 29(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987. A decision on whether to adopt will be made following a formal decision to proceed with a sale of the land.
- Authorise the Director Urban Living to undertake administrative changes to the amendment and associated planning controls that do not change the intent of the controls.
Access a copy of the UPDC report.
Amendment C385boro will now be considered at a Meeting of Council once a formal decision has been made to sell the land.
Council will decide whether to accept the UPDC's recommendation to adopt Amendment C385boro.
All submitters to the amendment as well as any affected and adjoining property owners and occupiers will receive a written invitation to the Council meeting.
For more information, you can:
- download a copy of all the amendment and supporting documentation from the Downloads section below
- visit the Victorian Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning website.