About Amendment C381boro
We are proposing changes to planning controls affecting land at 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North.
Amendment C381boro proposes to apply the Heritage Overlay (HO945) on a permanent basis to the Batrouney House (former) at 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North.
Specifically, the amendment:
- Amends map 4HO to apply a new heritage overlay (HO945) to 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North.
- Amends the schedule to Clause 43.01 (Heritage Overlay) to include HO945 and to introduce a new Statement of Significance for 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North.
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 72.04 to introduce a new incorporated document titled Batrouney House (former), 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North Statement of Significance, August 2022.
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 72.08 to introduce a new background document titled Batrouney House (former), 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North Heritage Citation (GML Heritage, July 2022).
The Urban Delegated Committee regarding this was held on Monday 18 July 2022 and can be found on our Urban planning delegated committee - 18 July 2022 page.
Current status - February 2023
Exhibition - Have your say
Submissions must be made in writing. Submissions close on Thursday 9 March 2023.
For more information:
- download a copy of all the amendment and supporting documentation from the download section below
- visit the Victorian Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning website-external site.
You can lodge a submission the following ways.
You can lodge a submission by completing our online Planning Scheme Amendment submission form-external site.
You can post a submission to:
Boroondara City Council
Strategic and Statutory Planning and Placemaking Department
Private Bag 1, Camberwell
Once the public exhibition process is complete, our officers will review all submissions received and prepare a report for consideration by the Urban Planning Delegated Committee (UPDC).
The UPDC will decide whether to:
- Make changes to the amendment in response to submissions
- Seek appointment of an independent Panel and refer any submissions to the Panel for consideration
- Recommend adoption of the amendment by Council, if there are no submissions or all submissions have been resolved
- Abandon the amendment.
The report is likely to be considered by the UPDC in May 2023.
For more information, contact Rachel Brien, Strategic Planner by emailing [email protected] or calling us on (03) 9278 4791.