About Amendment C381boro
Council is proposing changed to planning controls affecting land at 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North.
Amendment C381boro proposes to apply the Heritage Overlay (HO945) on a permanent basis to the Batrouney House (former) at 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North.
Specifically, the amendment:
- Amends map 4HO to apply a new heritage overlay (HO945) to 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North.
- Amends the schedule to Clause 43.01 (Heritage Overlay) to include HO945 and to introduce a new Statement of Significance for 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North.
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 72.04 to introduce a new incorporated document titled Batrouney House (former), 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North Statement of Significance, August 2022.
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 72.08 to introduce a new background document titled Batrouney House (former), 9 Seattle Street, Balwyn North Heritage Citation (GML Heritage, July 2022).
The Urban Delegated Committee regarding this was held on Monday 18 July 2022 and can be found on our Urban Planning Delegated Committee - 18 July 2022 event page.
Current status - August 2023
Consideration of Panel report by UPDC (post meeting)
On 5 September 2023, the Urban Planning Delegated Committee (UPDC) considered the independent Panel’s report and resolved to:
That the Urban Planning Delegated Committee resolved to:
- Receive and acknowledge the Panel’s report and recommendation, in accordance with Section 27(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Endorse the officers’ response to the Panel’s recommendation as discussed in this report.
- Refer Amendment C381boro to Council for adoption in accordance with Section 29(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Authorise the Director Urban Living to undertake administrative changes to the amendment and associated planning controls that do not change the intent of the controls.
Access a copy of the UPDC Report.
Amendment C381boro will now be considered at the Ordinary Meeting of Council on 25 September 2023.
Council will decide whether to accept the UPDC’s recommendation to adopt Amendment C381boro without any changes.
All submitters to the amendment as well as any affected and adjoining property owners and occupiers will receive a written invitation to the Council meeting