Planning a renovation or work on your property? Find out whether you need a permit and learn how you can make your home more sustainable.
What do I want to do?
Drainage and easements
House construction and demolition
Nature strips, roads and footpaths
Pools and spas
Structures on the property
- Build a pergola
- Build a shed, gazebo, garage or carport
- Build a veranda
- Construct a deck
- Construct a retaining wall
- Install a water tank
Structures on the roof
Subdivision and consolidation
Sustainability in Boroondara
Planning a renovation is a great opportunity to make your home more sustainable.
- Enhance local biodiversity by creating a wildlife-friendly garden.
- Be aware of the impact of waste on the environment and dispose of waste responsibly.
- Reduce the waste you send to landfill by ordering a compost bin.
- Make your home more water sensitive by installing a water tank.
- Make responsible choices when you plant on your nature strip.
- Switch to renewable energy by installing solar panels.