If you're not sure whether you need a Building Permit or Planning Permit, or both, start by selecting the type of work you want to do and we'll guide you to the right permits and processes.


You may need a permit for removing, pruning or carrying out works near a protected tree.

Home-based businesses

Under some circumstances, you need a Planning Permit to run a business from home.

Find out whether you need a permit for a home-based business.

How to apply for a Planning or Building Permit

Once you know which permits you need for your project, you can prepare your application.

For help with Planning Permits, contact Statutory Planning on 9278 4888 or email Statutory Planning. For help with Building Permits, contact Building Services on 9278 4999 or email Building Services.

How useful was this information?