Planning a renovation or work on your property? Find out whether you need a permit and learn how you can make your home more sustainable.
What do I want to do?
Drainage and easements
House construction and demolition
Naturestrips, roads and footpaths
Pools and spas
Structures on the property
- Build a pergola
- Build a shed, gazebo, garage or carport
- Build a veranda
- Construct a deck
- Construct a retaining wall
- Install a water tank
Structures on the roof
Subdivision and consolidation
Once you know which permits you need for your project, you can prepare your application.
For help with Planning Permits, contact Statutory Planning on 9278 4888 or email [email protected].
For help with Building Permits, contact Building Services on 9278 4999 or email [email protected].
For queries related to drainage, call 9278 4444. View standard drawings for drainage.
Sustainability in Boroondara
Planning a renovation is a great opportunity to make your home more sustainable.
- Enhance local biodiversity by creating a wildlife-friendly garden.
- Be aware of the impact of waste on the environment and dispose of waste responsibly.
- Reduce the waste you send to landfill by ordering a compost bin.
- Make your home more water sensitive by installing a water tank.
- Make responsible choices when you plant on your naturestrip.
- Switch to renewable energy by installing solar panels.