Applications for the 2020 Annual Community Strengthening Grants open at 9am, Monday 2 March 2020.
Annual Community Strengthening Grants are open to not-for-profit community organisations and groups in Boroondara. They provide support for new, one-off projects and activities that strengthen the Boroondara community.
Grants up to $10,000 are available per project or activity under 6 grant streams:
- Active Community - Sports and Recreation
- Life-long Community - Opportunities for Over 55s
- Creative Community - Arts and Culture
- Healthy Community - Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Sustainable Community - Environmental Sustainability
- Vibrant Retail Precincts.
A maximum of $2,000 is available for equipment purchases. Applicants can submit more than one application; however, the combined total of all grant applications must be no more than $10,000.
Please follow the steps of this guide for all the information you need to apply for a grant.
- Applications open: 9am, Monday 2 March 2020
- Applications close: 11.59pm, Sunday 19 April 2020
- Notification of results: late 2020.
Conditions of funding
For information about the conditions and eligibility of funding for our Annual Community Strengthening Grants and what we won't fund, please see our grants eligibility and conditions page.
Get the help you need
If you have any questions or need advice, we’re here to help.
We hold grant writing workshops and one-on-one sessions, and we're a quick phone call or email away to answer any questions you have.
For general enquiries about the grants program, please contact the Community Development Officer (Grants and Partnerships) on 9278 4753 or email [email protected].
If your organisation or group is not incorporated, you will need an incorporated organisation to act as your auspice. Find out more about auspiced applications.