Annual Community Strengthening Grants provide financial support for new, one-off projects and activities that strengthen the Boroondara community.
Not-for-profit community organisations and groups can apply for grants of up to $10,000 under 6 streams:
- Active Community – Sports and Recreation
- Life-long Community – Opportunities for Over 55s
- Creative Community – Arts and Culture
- Healthy Community – Health, Safety, and Wellbeing, Youth, Children and Families
- Sustainable Community – Environmental Sustainability
- Vibrant Retail Precincts.
Applicants can submit more than one application, but the combined total of all grant applications must be no more than $10,000 (including applications to the Small Grants).
To be guided through preparing your grant application, applying online and submitting your application, see our Annual Community Strengthening Grants guide.
Boroondara Community Plan
The Boroondara Community Plan (BCP) is our key strategic document, and the activities and projects funded through the Community Strengthening Grants program reflect its objectives, especially themes 1 and 3.
You can learn more about the BCP and its themes on our Boroondara Community Plan 2021-2031 page.
If you need any help or advice about the Annual Community Strengthening Grants, please contact us on (03) 9278 4753.