Applications for the 2023-26 Triennial Operational Grants are now closed.
Triennial Operational Grants support operating and program costs associated with the delivery of services, celebrations and events in Boroondara.
Triennial Operational Grants are part of Council's Community Strengthening Grants program, which funds activities that respond to the social, cultural, recreational and environmental needs of Boroondara residents. The objectives of the Community Strengthening Grants program are to:
- increase participation of residents in their community
- increase inclusion and representation of under-represented groups and issues
- develop innovative approaches to local issues
- assist groups and volunteers to develop skills and build capacity
- encourage the sustainability and better governance of community organisations
- encourage partnerships between local organisations and the development of local community networks.
Applicants can apply for Triennial Operational Grants under the following streams:
- Creative Community (community events) - available to community organisations who deliver community festivals or events
- Creative Community (creative and cultural groups) - available to community organisations who deliver diverse community-based art and cultural programs
- Vibrant Retail Precincts - available to trader associations
- Sustainable Community - available to community organisations
- Healthy Community - available to community organisations.
Boroondara Community Plan
The Boroondara Community Plan (BCP) is our key strategic document, and the activities and projects funded through the Community Strengthening Grants program reflect its objectives, especially themes 1 and 3.
You can learn more about the plan and its themes on our Boroondara Community Plan 2021-2031 page.
If you need any help or advice about the Triennial Operational Grants, please contact us on (03) 9278 4753.