Annual Community Strengthening Grants provide financial support for new, one-off projects and activities that strengthen the Boroondara community.
Not-for-profit community organisations and groups can apply for grants of up to $10,000 under 6 streams:
- Active Community - Sports and Recreation
- Life-long Community - Opportunities for Over 55s
- Creative Community - Arts and Culture
- Healthy Community - Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Sustainable Community - Environmental Sustainability
- Vibrant Retail Precincts.
- Applications open: 9am, Monday 2 March 2020
- Applications close: 11:59pm, Monday 13 April 2020
- Notification of results: late 2020
For help with your application, see the Annual Community Strengthening Grants 2020-21 Guide.
Boroondara Community Plan
The Boroondara Community Plan (BCP) is Council’s key strategic document, and the activities and projects funded through the Community Strengthening Grants program reflect its objectives, especially themes 1 and 3. Read more about the BCP and its themes on our website .
If you need any help or advice about the Annual Community Strengthening Grants, please contact us on 9278 4753.
See the recipients of last year's grants and the projects that were funded.