You must let us know when you are going to start work on your vehicle crossing.

Get your contractor to complete our form.

Submit a pre-works notification

Submit the notification between 10 and 20 business days before works begin.

Use our online form:

Submit a vehicle crossing pre-works notification

Only contractors with a permit number can submit this form.

What to include

  • Vehicle Crossing Permit number
  • Traffic/pedestrian management plan
  • Certificate of Currency showing a minimum $10 million of public liability insurance.

Check your permit conditions to find out if you also need a:

  • notification letter to residents whose access is affected
  • VicRoads Memorandum of Authorisation
  • approval from relevant public authorities to do works near their assets.
Download our Protection of Council Assets and Control of Building Sites Local Law 2021 to find out what your responsibilities are.


Organise a pre-pour inspection 5 business days before works begin.

Call (03) 9278 4505 to arrange a time.

We will inspect the site and let you know how to complete the crossing to the correct standard.

We will conduct a second inspection 3 weeks after the pre-pour inspection.

If there are issues we will contact the permit holder to discuss how to fix them.

More information

If you don't have a permit, you can apply online.

Call us on (03) 9278 4505 or email [email protected]

Was this page helpful?