Online forms and some online services will be unavailable from 8 pm to 11:59 pm on Thursday 1 December 2022.

A vehicular crossing is the section of driveway between the road and a property (whether it is a residential, commercial or industrial dwelling). A vehicular crossing is a Council-owned asset which needs to be protected during works.

Use the Build or repair or remove a crossover guide to determine which permits you need.

Begin at Step 1 and answer the questions one at a time until you know which of the following you need:

  • Memorandum of Authorisation (VicRoads)
  • Planning Permit
  • Tree Works Permit
  • Vehicular Crossover Permit
  • Asset Protection Permit
  • Road or Footpath Occupancy Permit.

Note that building, repairing or removing a vehicular crossover is a complex process that is normally carried out by a building contractor.

Was this page helpful?