The Y Street Community Services building is home to Access Health and Community-external site.
What we’re doing
We have worked with the building users to develop a concept design that meets their needs now and into the future.
The upgrade to the building will include:
- internal refurbishment to improve layout and functionality
- updated furniture, fixtures and fittings
- upgraded heating and cooling systems
- refreshed backyard area with a new pergola, paving and landscaping
- new paving and footpath in front garden and new benches, which will be available for community use
- roof restoration works.
Works are expected to be completed by mid-2023, weather permitting.
The works include internal and external demolition works. There may be some noise during some works. We will aim to minimise disruptions to neighbouring residents as much as possible.
Works will occur on weekdays between 7am and 6pm and may also occur on Saturdays between 9am and 5pm.
Temporary traffic changes may be introduced outside the building as needed.
If you'd like more information or have questions about these works, please call Lucy McNicol, Wellbeing and Planning Policy Lead, on (03) 9278 5883 or email [email protected].