The Y Street Community Services building is home to Camcare, a division of Access Health and Community.
Building renewal works were completed in June 2023. Camcare resumed operations and commenced client-facing services at the building in July 2023.
About the project
We worked with the building users to develop a concept design to meet their needs now and into the future.
The upgrades to the building include:
- internal refurbishment to improve layout and functionality
- updated furniture, fixtures and fittings
- upgraded heating and cooling systems
- refreshed backyard area with a new pergola, paving and landscaping
- new paving and footpath in front garden and new benches, which will be available for community use
- roof restoration works.
Previously an administrative base, the renewal of the building has also enabled Camcare to deliver a range of direct client-facing services to the local community that were previously only available at their Camberwell site.