On this page
We will be completing building renewal works at this community precinct in Hawthorn East, due to commence in February 2023.
The Anderson Park Community Hub is home to the South Hawthorn Maternal and Child Health Service and Auburn South Preschool, as well as change rooms for sports clubs and meetings rooms used by community groups.
We are renewing the Anderson Park Community Hub to deliver a high-quality family centre for our community.
The Victorian Government has contributed $300,000 to this project as part of its Building Blocks Early Learning Capacity Building grants program.
Works are expected to start in early February 2023 and be completed by mid to late 2023, weather permitting.
Preliminary flooring and paint works at Auburn South Preschool are currently underway, due to be completed in late January 2023.
About the project
We have worked with users of the hub to develop a concept design that meets their needs now and into the future.
Refurbishment works will include:
- a new foyer with a single point of entry to provide better access to services
- expansion of the Maternal and Child Health centre
- increased internal kindergarten licensed area funded by the Victorian Government
- new amenities on the ground floor, refreshed amenities on the first floor
- more flexible community rooms that can be used by all community groups
- an upgraded and flexible change room space to ensure inclusivity for all sporting club members
- refreshed interior, including new paint and flooring
- refreshed exterior and upgrade of accessible car parking bay.
The construction is largely confined to internal works and entrance, other than a modest extension to the Maternal and Child Health Centre side of the building. Please see aerial image below showing the extent of the extension on the left side of the building.
During the works:
- Auburn South Preschool will remain onsite
- Sports clubs will still have access to facilities in the building
- The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Centre will be relocated and appointments will be available at neighbouring centres.
Works will occur on weekdays between 7 am and 6 pm, and may also occur on Saturdays between 9 am and 5 pm. We will aim to minimise disruptions to neighbouring residents as much as possible.
Limited car parking will be available outside the building entrance during the works. Temporary traffic changes may be introduced as needed.
|Mid to late 2023||Completion||We expect the project to be completed|
|February 2023||Construction begins||Construction to resume on site|
|December 2022 to January 2023||Preliminary works||In progress - flooring and paint works at Auburn South Preschool|
|2022||Concept planning||We created a concept plan in response to feedback gathered during consultation with building users|
|Late 2021||Consultation||We completed consultation with the building users of the community hub to inform the concept plan.|