‘Demolition’ is the removal of any part of a building or works.

How to use this guide

To help you work out which permits and approvals you need for demolition, begin at Step 1 and answer the questions one at a time.

Before you begin

Before finalising your plans:

More information

Contact Statutory Planning or Building Services if you need help with either a Planning or Building Permit. 

For more information about the Victorian Heritage Register, visit the Victorian Heritage Database.

In this guide: