Some of our services are closed or have different hours on the public holiday before the AFL Grand Final – Fri 29 Sept 2023

Check if you need Report and Consent for demolition

You need Report and Consent to do any of the following:

  • demolish 100% of a building
  • demolish more than 50% of the volume of the original building over a three-year time period
  • demolish any part of the façade of a building.

façade is an external wall that faces a street or laneway. A façade may include architectural features attached to the wall, such as a verandah or balcony.

If you're not sure whether you need Report and Consent for your proposed demolition, ask your Building Surveyor or contact our Building Services team at [email protected].

Do you need Report and Consent for the proposed demolition?