Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed
If you have determined that you need a Planning Permit for your project, follow these steps.
- Provide a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days old.
- Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
- Provide a design response or explanation of the proposed works.
- Provide a plan drawn to scale (1:100 or 1:200) with full dimensions, as well as an A3-sized set. The plan must show the site, floor layout and elevations.
- See whether your application is eligible for VicSmart. You may be able to fast-track the application.
- Complete the Application for a Planning Permit.
- Submit the form, application fee and supporting documents, as instructed on the application form. For fee information, email Statutory Planning.
Note that If significant demolition is being sought, Council may request that you provide an independent report from a Heritage Advisor.
- Now, see whether you need a Building Permit.