Check if your zone prohibits your project
1. Go to VicPlan and search for the address of your property.
2. Follow the prompts to create and open a free Planning Property Report.
3. Read the report to see whether your property is in any of the following:
- Commercial 2 Zone
- Urban Floodway Zone
- Special Use Zone Schedule 1
- Special Use Zone Schedule 2
You are not allowed to build a house in a Commercial 2 or Urban Floodway Zone.
You cannot build a house in a Special Use Zone Schedule 1, unless the house is associated with an education centre.
You cannot build a house in a Special Use Zone Schedule 1, unless it’s a caretaker’s house.
Is your property in a zone that prohibits your project?
- If yes, you are not permitted to build the house. Exit the guide and email Statutory Planning for advice, if needed.
- If no, go to the next step.