If you've received a decision from Council that you don't agree with, you may be able to request an internal review of this decision or process.

You can ask for an internal review if you disagree with a Council process – in other words, how Council made a decision. For example, if you think that a Council officer was rude, didn't follow the law or give you a chance to respond.

If you disagree with an outcome – the decision that Council made – you can only request a review if you don't have a right to appeal to a court, VCAT or a regulator. For example, if you disagree with Council's decision to refuse a planning permit or release documents under Freedom of Information, you should appeal those decisions through the appropriate body like VCAT or the Victorian Information Commissioner.

If you are requesting a review of your parking fine, please visit our Appeal your parking fine page.

We'll look at your request openly and objectively to make sure it receives a fair review.

Step 1: Request a review

Request a review online

Or post your request to Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124.

With your request, you'll need to include:

  • your name, email, phone number and street address
  • name of the manager you've been dealing with and their response
  • details of your concerns and why you'd like a review.

We'll send you an email or letter to confirm we've received your request.

Step 2: Decision review

Once your request is received, we'll assess it and let you know approximately how long the review will take.

You'll receive a response by email or mail, clearly explaining the review process and decision.

If you're still not satisfied with the outcome, you can contact the Victorian Ombudsman to request a review of the decision.

For more information about our review process, call (03) 9278 4470 or us at [email protected].

General complaints

If you have a more general complaint, please see our Make a complaint page.

Was this page helpful?