The Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) is a national register that records the vaccinations of everyone in Australia since 1 January 1996.

The AIR includes vaccinations given:

  • through the National Immunisation Program
  • privately, such as for the flu or travel.

The AIR doesn't include records of vaccinations before 1 January 1996.

Childcare and kindergarten 

All parents and guardians who plan to enrol their child in childcare or kindergarten in Victoria must provide the service with:

  • a current Immunisation History Statement from the AIR
  • a statement that shows the child is up to date with all vaccinations due for their age, or that they are able to receive. 

An Immunisation History Statement from the AIR is the only form of documentation accepted for the purposes of enrolling a child in an early childhood education and care service. 

Primary school

Parents enrolling their children in primary school are required by law to provide the school with an Immunisation History Statement.

From 1 January 2019, a child must have an Immunisation History Statement from the AIR to enrol in primary school. Previous forms of documentation, for example a letter from a GP or local council, will no longer be accepted.

Request an Immunisation History Statement from the AIR

You can access a copy of your child’s Immunisation History Statement from:

  • your myGov account
  • the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
  • AIR by calling 1800 653 809 
  • a Medicare or Centrelink office. 

Non-Medicare card holders

Ask your immunisation provider to print an Immunisation History Statement or call the AIR on 1800 653 809. This may take up to 2 weeks to receive by mail.

You can also request an Immunisation History Statement by completing our online Immunisation status certificate and history request form.

Historical immunisation records 

Council keeps hard copy records for residents born before 1996. We can provide you with a list of the immunisations you have received from our service and the former cities of Kew, Camberwell and Hawthorn only.

Immunisations given by another provider can be accessed from those individual services or providers. 

You can requests historical immunisation history statements by completing our online immunisation history statement request form.

If you think certain vaccinations or immunisations are missing from your Immunisation History Statement, please use our Immunisation Records Update form.

More information

Please call 9278 4711 or email [email protected].

Was this page helpful?