Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed
If you have determined that you need a Planning Permit for your project, follow these steps.
- Obtain a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days old.
- Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
- Write a neighbourhood and site description.
- Obtain a design response or explanation of the proposed use. A design response is a plan that depicts how the proposed design responds to its context. It supports the proposal by showing how the design works within the site's constraints.
- Obtain a plan drawn to scale (1:100 or 1:200) with full dimensions, as well as an A3-sized set. The plan must show the site, floor layout and elevations.
- Your application is eligible for VicSmart. Follow the VicSmart process to fast-track your application.
- Complete the Application for a Planning Permit.
- Submit the form, application fee and supporting documents to Council offices, as instructed on the application form.
- If the cost of the development is less than $10,000, the fee is $192.00.
- If the cost of development is more than $10,000, the fee is $412.40
- Now, check whether you need a Building Permit.