Check if a Heritage Overlay affects your works
- Visit Planning Maps Online and search for the address of your property.
- Select Get Report. Follow the prompts to create and open a free Planning Property Report.
- On the Report, go to the Planning Overlay section to see whether a Heritage Overlay affects your property.
- In the Planning Overlay section, look at the map to see the area of your site covered by the Heritage Overlay. Refer to your plans to see whether you will be performing works in that area.
Will you be installing solar panels in a Heritage Overlay?
- If yes, go to the next step.
- If no, you do not need a Planning Permit. See if you need to apply for a Building Permit.