Check if your property is in a planning overlay
- Visit Planning Maps Online and search for the address of your property. The Planning Maps Online page displays a map of the property.
- Select Get Report. Follow the prompts to create and open a Planning Property Report.
- Read the report to see whether the property falls in any of the following:
- Heritage Overlay
- Design and Development Overlay (Schedule Number 31)
- Special Building Overlay
- Land Subject to Inundation Overlay
- Public Acquisition Overlay.
Is your property in a Heritage, Design and Development (Schedule Number 31), Special Building, Land Subject to Inundation or Public Acquisition Overlay?
- If yes, apply for a Planning Permit.
- If no, you do not need a Planning Permit. See whether you need a Building Permit.