Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed

If you have determined that you need a Planning Permit for your project:

  1. Obtain a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days' old.
  2. Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
  3. Provide a site plan drawn to scale (1:100) detailing the location of the swimming pool in the context of the entire site.
  4. Provide elevations of the swimming pool drawn to scale ( 1:100).
  5. Check whether the application is eligible to be fast-tracked under VicSmart.
  6. Complete the Application for a Planning Permit.
  7. Lodge the form, application fee and supporting documents with Council. The application incurs a fee of $412.40. If you're working within the Land Subject to Inundation Overlay or the Public Acquisition Overlay, a fee of $604.40 applies.
  8. Now, see whether you need a Building Permit.