Our nurses can help you with information, support and advice about:
- Child health and development
- Breast feeding
- Child nutrition and feeding
- Developmental concerns
- Sleep and settling
- Maternal health (including postnatal depression)
- Childhood illnesses
- Family crisis support
- Early childhood services (including playgroups)
- Making your home safe for children
- Your relationship with your child
We offer appointments at 10 Key Age and Stage visits (as well as at additional times as needed) where our nurses review your child’s health and development.
Being a parent to a young child can be a challenging time and these appointments also give you the opportunity to ask questions and talk about your experiences and concerns.
Access the service
Maternal and Child Health services are located all around Boroondara. Call 9278 4606 between 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday for an appointment.
Get parenting advice any time
The service operates a 24-hour advice line. Call 13 22 29 any time for advice from qualified maternal and child health nurses.
This is not an emergency service - if you require emergency assistance for your child, call 000.
Get extra parenting help
The service also provides programs for additional help and support where it is needed, including:
- Home visits for families who need intensive support for early parenting difficulties
- A Day Stay program for help with settling, sleeping and feeding
(cost: $93.50 per family or free for Healthcare Card holders)
- Lactation clinics for families that need breastfeeding support - including a weekly drop-in clinic from 1.30 to 3pm Mondays at 106 Bowen St, Camberwell, and individual appointments with an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant each week.
To access these services, speak to your local Maternal and Child Health nurse, call 9278 4606 or email
Give feedback about the service
To give feedback about our service: