You need Report and Consent to erect a hoarding over a street alignment.

If the hoarding projects more than 300mm beyond the allotment boundary or if it is erected onto a laneway, you also need to apply for a Road or Footpath Occupancy Permit from Council.

  1. To apply, you need to provide:
    • Site plan showing the location and type of hoarding.
    • Full site plan showing the location and type of hoarding, width of footpaths and any street furniture.
    • Detailed architectural drawings of the hoarding or gantry (including section, elevations, standard details and fixing details).
    • A letter from the relevant building surveyor approving the proposed hoarding.
    • A Certificate of Currency showing public liability insurance. To apply for Report and Consent for a hoarding you need at least $5 million cover.
  2. Complete the Application to Erect Hoardings Over a Street Alignment and submit the application, supporting documentation and fee to Council by email Council. The fee is $283.35.

You also need to pay an inspection fee of $149 per month. The minimum charge is 1 month’s inspection. The charge is based on the usual requirement for 1 inspection per month.

How useful was this information?