You need Report and Consent to erect a hoarding over a street alignment.
If the hoarding projects more than 300mm beyond the allotment boundary or if it is erected onto a laneway, you also need to apply for a Road or Footpath Occupancy Permit from Council.
To apply you need to provide:
- Site plan showing the location and type of hoarding.
- Full site plan showing the location and type of hoarding, width of footpaths and any street furniture.
- Detailed architectural drawings of the hoarding or gantry (including section, elevations, standard details and fixing details).
- A letter from the relevant building surveyor approving the proposed hoarding.
- A Certificate of Currency showing public liability insurance. To apply for Report and Consent for a hoarding you need at least $5 million cover.
Complete the Application to Erect Hoardings Over a Street Alignment and submit the application, supporting documentation and fee to Council by email Council. The fee is $294.70.
You also need to pay an inspection fee of $163.00 per inspection. The minimum charge is 1 month’s inspection. The charge is based on the usual requirement for 1 inspection per month.