You need to apply for Report and Consent to build in a flood-prone area.

  1. To apply, you need to provide:
    • A copy of the proposed plans, indicating the minimum floor level to Australian Height Datum.
    • A Certificate of Title with a plan of the subdivision. You can get this using the Landata website.
    • Comments from Melbourne Water in relation to proposed plans. You can apply for comments on the Melbourne Water website. Note that this can also be done by Council after the application is assessed, but the application will take longer to process.
  2. Complete the Application for Council Consent: Non-Sitting Matters.
  3. Submit the application, supporting documentation and fee to Council by email Council. The fee for 2018-19 is $283.35.
How useful was this information?