About the reserve
This reserve has 2 sportsgrounds with turf cricket pitches and a fenced dog park.
- Cricket nets
- Off-lead dog area (fenced)
- Seating and tables
Fenced dog park
The Gordon Barnard Reserve fenced dog play area is open every day during daylight hours. The fenced dog play area is in the corner of the reserve, behind the Boroondara Sports Complex building.
You can access parking close to the fenced dog play area either:
- by entering the main Boroondara Sports Complex car park from Belmore Road or Carrington Street, and driving behind the complex to the large car parking area
- by entering the smaller car park entrance road from Belmore Road, located on the eastern side of the Boroondara Sports Complex
It is closed:
- for maintenance on Thursdays from 7 am to 8:30 am
- from time to time for seasonal maintenance.
To find out more about the fenced dog play area rules, visit our Off-lead dog parks page.
230 Balwyn Road, North Balwyn 3104
Sportsground booking times
7 days including public holidays.
April to October: 7 am – 6 pm.
November to March: 8 am – 8 pm.
Hire a sportsground at Gordon Barnard Reserve
To request a booking, see hire a sportsground or sports facility.