We recently renewed Fordham Avenue Kindergarten to better meet the needs of children, families, and educators, now and into the future. The renewal works created a modern learning environment, with vibrant and refreshed spaces and features for kindergarten children and educators.
This project was supported by the Victorian Government, which contributed $300,000 as part of its Building Blocks Early Learning Facility Upgrade grants program.
About the project
The refurbishment works commenced in late 2021 and were completed in stages throughout the 2022 to 2023 school holiday periods, to avoid disruption to programs, activities, and services.
- internal painting to brighten up the classrooms, toilets, and kitchen
- new flooring and kitchen cabinetry
- new operable door between classrooms
- upgrades to ensure the children’s toilets, paths and ramps are accessible for children and families of all abilities
- installation of an electronic access system to both gates
- replacement of an external door and mechanical ventilation installation across lower-level doors
- roof repair and drainage works, including a new retaining wall and installation of a stormwater grate
- upgrades to cladding and stairs.
|December 2021 to February 2022 and April 2022||Stage 1 — Summer holidays and Easter holidays||Complete|
|July 2022 and September 2022||Stage 2 — Winter holidays and spring holidays||Complete|
|December 2022 to February 2023, and April 2023 to July 2023||Stage 3 — Summer holidays and Easter holidays||Complete|