We are renewing Fordham Avenue Kindergarten to better meet the needs of children, families, and educators, now and into the future.
Fordham Avenue Kindergarten is a local landmark and has been servicing Boroondara families for over 80 years.
This project is part of our continued plans to deliver high quality early years facilities and is supported by the Victorian Government, which has contributed $300,000 as part of its Building Blocks Early Learning Facility Upgrade grants program.
Works are taking place during the school holidays so the kindergarten can continue to operate without disruption. We expect these works to be completed by mid-2023.
About the project
The planned refurbishment works commenced in late 2021 and will continue in stages throughout the 2022 to 2023 school holiday periods, to avoid disruption to programs, activities, and services.
The works will create a modernised learning environment, with vibrant and refreshed spaces and features for kindergarten children and educators.
Planned improvements include the following stages.
Completed in December 2021 to February 2022 school holidays:
- internal painting to brighten up the classrooms, toilets, and kitchen
- existing light fittings upgraded to LED
- installation of electronic access system to both gates
- replacement of an external door and mechanical ventilation installation across lower-level doors
- installation of stormwater grate
- roof repair and renewal.
Completed in winter and spring school holidays 2022:
- upgrades to cladding and stairs
- drainage works started.
- upgrades to ensure the children’s toilets are accessible for children and families of all abilities
- new flooring and kitchen
- new operable door between classroom spaces
- upgrades to ensure the paved area and ramps are accessible for children and families of all abilities
- drainage works, including new retaining wall
|December 2021 to February 2022 and April 2022||Stage 1 - Summer holidays and Easter holidays||Complete|
|July 2022 and September 2022||Stage 2 - Winter holidays and spring holidays||Complete|
|December 2022 to February 2023, and April 2023 to July 2023||Stage 3 - Summer holidays and Easter holidays||In progress|
For more information about this project, please contact Suzanne Jervies, Early and Middle Years Lead at [email protected] or on (03) 9278 4698.