We are renewing Fordham Avenue Kindergarten to better meet the needs of children, families, and educators, now and into the future.
Fordham Avenue Kindergarten is a local landmark and has been servicing Boroondara families for over 80 years.
This project is part of our continued plans to deliver high quality early years facilities and is supported by the Victorian Government, which has contributed $300,000 as part of its Building Blocks Early Learning Facility Upgrade grants program.
Stage 1 repair works started during the 2021/2022 Summer holidays and will continue during the April Easter holidays, with roof repair and renewal works.
About the project
The planned refurbishment works commenced in late 2021 and will continue in stages throughout the 2022/2023 school holiday periods, to avoid disruption to programs, activities, and services.
The works will create a modernised learning environment, with vibrant and refreshed spaces and features for kindergarten children and educators.
Planned improvements include:
Completed in December - February school holidays:
- internal painting to brighten up the classrooms, toilets, and kitchen
- existing light fittings upgraded to LED
- installation of electronic access system to both gates
- replacement of an external door and mechanical ventilation installation across lower-level doors
- installation of stormwater grate.
Completed in 2022 April Easter Holidays:
- roof repair and renewal.
2022 July Winter holidays:
- new retaining wall.
2022/2023 December - February Summer holidays:
- upgrades to children’s’ toilets to ensure Disability Discrimination Act compliance
- new flooring and kitchen
- new operable door between classroom spaces
- upgrades to paved area and ramps to ensure Disability Discrimination Act compliance.
|December 2021 to February 2022||Stage 1 - Summer holidays||Complete|
|April 2022||Stage 1 - Easter holidays||Complete|
|July 2022||Stage 2 - Winter holidays|
|December 2022 to February 2023||Stage 3 - Summer holidays|