Determine whether you qualify for an Annual Community Strengthening Grant
To qualify for a grant, your organisation must:
- provide direct benefits to residents of the City of Boroondara
- be not-for-profit, as classified by the Australian Tax Office in the Income Tax Assessment Act (1936)
- be a registered legally constituted entity. You may have another organisation auspice your application (unless requesting less than $1,000).
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN), or complete a Statement by Supplier form-external site or hold an exemption from registration
- have a committee of management that accepts responsibility for the administration of the grant
- hold a public liability insurance policy to cover the staff, members and the general public, if appropriate
- not have your own grant-giving or fundraising program that finances another organisation's community initiatives
- comply with all other relevant Australian legislation and Victorian legislation, including: accounting and auditing requirements; equal opportunity and anti-discrimination laws; human rights laws; privacy, confidentiality and freedom of information laws; registration or accreditation of professional employees; and preparation and dissemination of annual reports
- have an adequate risk management plan in place (as required)
- if relevant, have satisfactorily accounted to Council for the expenditure of any previous Council grants.
See our grants eligibility and conditions page for conditions of funding and what we won't fund.