Certain trees in the City of Boroondara are protected. They can be on private property or public land such as nature strips, streets, parks and gardens.
For more information on protected trees visit our protected and significant trees page.
Report tree damage or removal
Use our online tree inquiry form to report a tree that:
- you believe has been removed without permission
- has been deliberately or accidentally damaged.
If you think that a tree is being damaged or removed illegally now:
for trees on private property call our Statutory Planning team on (03) 9278 4888
for trees on public land call our Local Laws team on (03) 9278 4949.
We'll investigate immediately.
When you call to report damage or removal we'll ask if you:
- have spoken to the property owner or person doing the works
- know the name of the company doing the works
- have any photos of the works being carried out.