Report damage caused by a tree

If you believe a tree has caused damage to your private property - such as to buildings, fences, driveways or vehicles - what you need to do depends on where the tree is located.

Council land

If the tree is on Council land, such as a naturestrip, park or garden:

Submit a damage report

Or contact Council

Neighbour's property

If the tree is on your neighbour's property, speak to your neighbour to try to resolve the situation. See neighbouring trees for more information.

Main road

If the tree is on an arterial road, contact VicRoads on 13 11 71 (check map of main roads).

How useful was this information?