You can book a bundled green waste collection twice a year, in April and in October.
When to book
Bookings for March and April collection close 2 pm on Friday 23 April 2021.
Spring bookings will open in September for October collection.
Your green waste will be collected during your chosen week.
What we collect
- Tree branches and prunings (up to 7.5 cm wide and 1.5 m long, securely tied in bundles of up to 30 cm diameter)
- Single tree limbs, with no branches and/or leaves (up to 20 cm wide, 1.5 m long maximum)
- Tree roots that can be lifted by one person
What we don't collect
- food waste
- green waste over the maximum size or not bundled or tied properly
- items with non-organic materials, such as wire, plastic or nails
- timber and tree stumps (only roots allowed)
- non-tree prunings
Other options for disposing of green waste
You can also put your green waste:
You can book a Christmas tree collection in January.
The Boroondara Recycling and Waste Centre accepts green waste if you:
- have used both your green waste collections for the year
- need to dispose of items that we don't collect.