You can book a bundled green waste collection twice a year, in April and in October.
Booking a collection
Bookings open on Monday 19 September and close on Friday 28 October at 2 pm.
Collections start Monday 3 October and will take place until Friday 4 November 2022.
Book in your collection at least one week before you want your green waste collected. This will make sure our contractors can fit your collection into their schedules.
Your bundled green waste will be collected between Monday to Friday during your chosen week.
Apartments and units
If you live in an apartment or unit complex with 7 or more dwellings, you can organise a bundle green waste collection through your body corporate or managing agent.
What we collect
- Tree branches and prunings (up to 7.5 cm wide and 1.5 m long, securely tied with non-plastic string or twine in bundles of up to 30 cm diameter)
- Single tree limbs, with no branches and/or leaves (up to 20 cm wide, 1.5 m long maximum)
- Tree roots that can be lifted by one person.
What we don't collect
- food waste
- green waste over the maximum size or not bundled or tied properly
- items with non-organic materials, such as wire, plastic or nails
- timber and tree stumps (only roots allowed)
- non-tree prunings.
Other options for disposing of green waste
You can also put your green waste:
You can book a Christmas tree collection in January.
The Boroondara Recycling and Waste Centre accepts green waste if you:
- have used both your green waste collections for the year
- need to dispose of items that we don't collect.