Bookings for live Christmas tree collections open in December for collection in January.
What we collect in bundled green waste
- Prunings and tree branches (up to 75mm in diameter and 1.5m in length, securely tied in bundles of up to 300mm diameter)
- Single tree limbs, free of branches and/or leaves (up to 200mm in diameter, free of branches and/or leaves)
- Tree roots that can be lifted by one person
It’s essential that all green waste is securely tied with string or twine in bundles and neatly stacked
What we don't collect in bundled green waste
- Loose leaves, grass, weeds and soil
- Rose bushes or thorny plants
- Ivy, bamboo and palm trees or branches
- Timber and tree stumps
- Material containing wire or nails
- Food waste
- Grasses, weeds and flowers
- Bark chips
- Green waste that exceeds maximum measurements or is not bundled or tied properly.
We can't collect green waste in boxes or bags or tied with wire, plastic string or ties, stockings or other non-organic materials.
Other options for disposing of green waste
If you have used both your green waste collections for the year or you need to dispose of items that we don't collect, the Boroondara Recycling and Waste Centre accepts green waste.