We provide every residential property in Boroondara with one Council recycling bin.
Your recycling bin and household waste bin are collected on the same day each week.
Collected recycling is taken to a resource recovery facility where it is sorted, including separating steel, glass, plastic and aluminium so they can be delivered to the right processing plants.
You can also drop off recyclables at our recycling and waste centres.
If you are a new resident at a new property that doesn't have a recycling bin, you can contact us to order a new one.
What we collect
- Plastics displaying recycling code 1-7
- Soft drink, juice, milk and water bottles
- Margarine, yoghurt and ice-cream containers
- Detergent and cordial bottles
- Plastic bags and sorted flexible plastics placed in a plastic bag and tied at the top
- Glass jars and bottles (tops and lids removed)
- Newspapers, magazines and junk mail
- Office and computer paper
- Letters and envelopes
- Cardboard and cereal boxes (large cardboard boxes cut into smaller pieces)
- Telephone books
- Milk and juice cartons
- Steel cans
- Aluminium cans, foil and pie trays
- Aerosol cans (empty).
Make sure all bottles, cartons, jars, containers and cans are rinsed and all food scraps removed.
The night before your collection day, please put your bin out :
- on the naturestrip
- close to your driveway
- clear of all obstacles such as trees, poles and parked cars
- with the bin handle facing your property.
For more information on all our waste and recycling services, see our A to Z Recycling and Waste Guide (Area A) or A to Z Recycling and Waste Guide (Area B). Find out which area you're in by checking our Waste and recycling collection map - this is a large file.
Find your recycling bin collection day
Not sure which day of the week your recycling is collected? Enter your street name (not full street address) in the search box below.