We offer residents in multi-unit properties who receive Council kerbside bin services an optional fortnightly green waste bin collection. Other residents can put their green waste into their FOGO bin.
The green waste bin has an orange lid.
We collect lawn clippings, leaves, weeds and light prunings. If you have large items, such as tree branches or roots, you can book a bundled green waste collection or drop it off at the Boroondara Recycling and Waste Centre (charges apply).
The green waste we collect is processed into compost, mulch and soil enhancers.
Green bins are collected fortnightly. Find your next collection date.
What we don't collect
- twigs and branches over 75mm in diameter
- household food scraps (raw or cooked)
- recyclables such as glass
- ash, stones, soil, hard waste, timber and fencing
- painted, treated or wire contaminated timber, laminex, plywood or chipboard
- plastic bags or green waste in any type of bag
- cardboard or polystyrene boxes
- plastic or terracotta pots
- pet poo or cat litter of any kind
- any other hard waste
You can order 1 or 2 green waste bins. In 2020-21, each 240 litre bin has a one-off fee of $129.50.
Download the relevant order form and post to Council offices:
You can pay by filling out one of the forms above and posting it to us. See payments.
Bins are collected as usual on all public holidays, except Christmas Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday. An alternative collection day will be advertised prior to these days.
For further information, please call us on 9278 4444.