Examples of what we collect
- lawn clippings and weeds
- bark chips
- dead flowers
- light prunings
- twigs and branches up to 75 mm in diameter, cut to fit in the bin
Examples of what we do not collect
- twigs and branches over 75 mm in diameter
- household food scraps (raw or cooked)
- ash, stones, soil, hard waste, timber and fencing
- painted, treated or wire contaminated timber, laminex, plywood or chipboard
- plastic bags or green waste in any type of bag
- cardboard or polystyrene boxes
- pet poo or cat litter of any kind
If you have large items, such as tree branches or roots, you can
- book a bundled green waste collection
- drop them off at the Boroondara Recycling and Waste Centre (charges apply).
Recycling and waste guide
Our A to Z recycling and waste guide has a detailed list of green waste items and which bin to put them in.
Green waste bins are no longer available to order. If you would like to recycle your garden waste, you can order a FOGO bin.