On this page

When tradespeople are refurbishing your home or property you can apply for a temporary parking permit for them if your street is in a residential parking permit area, or time restricted area.

The property resident or the tradesperson can apply.

We do not provide parking permits for refurbishments in commercial areas or for building and construction sites. If you're a business owner and would like a parking permit, visit our Apply for a Traders Parking Permit page.

Short term permits 

For a short term permit of 4 weeks or less, apply for a tradesperson parking permit for minor residential refurbishments. 

You can apply for a maximum of 2 permits. The fee is $83 per permit.

Longer term permits

For long term permits of more than 4 weeks, apply for a tradesperson parking permit for extended residential refurbishments. 

The fee is $27.50 per vehicle per week. 

How to apply

Submit the application form and any supporting documents by email to [email protected] or post to our council offices at Private Bag 1, Camberwell Victoria 3124. 

We'll get back to you within 10 business days with either:

  • an invoice for your permit
  • a request for more information
  • an explanation of why we can't issue you a permit.

If you receive an invoice, you'll need to pay it before we send you the permit. 

Lost or damaged permits

To replace an existing tradesperson parking permit, complete the lost or damaged permit form below.

The fee for a replacement permit is $14.50. You need to pay this when you submit the form. 

Submit the form by email to [email protected], by post or in person to our council offices

More information

For more information email us at [email protected] or call (03) 9278 4444.

Was this page helpful?