Food premises 

All businesses that handle, prepare, package, store, serve, supply and repackage food must be registered with their local council according to the Food Act 1984.

Registering a food business for the first time? Follow the process at start a new food business.

Public Health and wellbeing premises

All businesses that operate a personal care and body art business, or prescribed accommodation business, must be registered with their local council according to the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.

Personal care and body art businesses include:

  • hairdressing
  • beauty therapy
  • tattooing
  • body and ear piercing
  • colonic irrigation
  • any other process involving the penetration of skin.

Massage businesses are not required to be registered under this legislation.

Prescribed accommodation includes hotels, motels, boarding houses and accommodation facilities.

How to renew your registration

In most cases, your Renewal of Registration will be emailed to your nominated email address.

  • Verify contact details. Select the 'Update contact details' button if you need to make changes.

Update contact details

  • Complete your payment on our online payment portal. Take note of your Registration Number, as you'll need to enter this into the “Application No” field to access your fee and complete your payment. We accept Visa, MasterCard or American Express cards.

Complete payment

  • You also have the option to print your Renewal of Registration and visit our Customer Service Centre. All details are provided on your invoice.

Your renewal should always be paid by 31 December each year. If we don't receive payment by the due date shown on the Renewal of Registration paperwork, you'll incur additional costs, such as an infringement for trading unregistered, and legal proceedings may be brought against you.

Was this page helpful?