Take a stroll around the gravel walking track, have a picnic or join the many locals who walk their dogs through this popular native setting.
This lovely park features Australian native plants and is a great spot for picnics and dog walking. It's just a few minutes from Camberwell Junction, next to the playground at Symonds Street Reserve.
Rose Street, Hawthorn East 3123
The park was named after Augustus Fritsch and the Holzer brothers who formed the Upper Hawthorn Brick Company in 1883. The factory employed around 50 people and produced 250,000 bricks a week, which were used throughout Victoria.
Council bought the area in 1972 and used it as a landfill site until 1986, then as a temporary waste transfer station until 1989. In the years that followed the site was left empty to allow the landfill to stabilise.
Council, together with the Victorian Government and the Rotary Club of Hawthorn, reconstructed the area into a park in 1995.
- Off-lead dog area
- Public toilets
- Seating and tables
- Limited car parking on Rose Street and Bowler Street