Boroondara is divided into 80 Neighbourhood Character Precincts based on common characteristics.
These Precinct Statements are a reference document in the Boroondara Planning Scheme Clause 22.05 and we consider them when we assess and determine Planning Permit applications in residential zones.
Each Precinct Statement contains a local map, plus details of its:
- key characteristics (such as building era, predominant dwelling style, fencing heights, gardens and vegetation, front and side set backs, extensions, streetscapes and trees, and the like)
- threats to its character (such as loss of historic buildings; bulky or ‘box’ like buildings; boundary-to-boundary development, and the like)
- strategies for maintaining its character (such as keep buildings set back from boundaries; encourage large tree retention and landscaped gardens; encourage low fences, and the like).
How to find your neighbourhood study
- Enter the street name only (without the property number) on the right and click ‘update’ to view your precinct number
- Or view the Neighbourhood Character Precincts map
Then find the corresponding statement below.
For more information, email Statutory Planning or call 9278 4888.