About the Balwyn Interwar Heritage Assessment
Council is completing a heritage assessment of 11 properties in Balwyn and Deepdene. These properties have potential heritage value and there is a proposal to apply the Heritage Overlay to the following properties:
- 133, 133a, 135, 135a, 137, 139 and 141 Gordon Street, Balwyn (Gordon Street Precinct)
- 41 Austin Street, Balwyn
- 221 Whitehorse Road, Balwyn
- 5 Creswick Street, Deepdene
- 6 Creswick Street, Deepdene
Current Status (November 2022)
At its meeting on Monday 5 September 2022, the Urban Planning Delegated Committee (UPDC) resolved unanimously to:
- adopt the citations without changes in response to the feedback received, as recommended by Council officers, and;
- start the formal planning scheme amendment process to introduce the proposed changes into the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
In accordance with the UPDC resolution, officers wrote to the Minister for Planning to request authorisation to commence Boroondara Planning Scheme Amendment C386boro. The amendment proposes to apply the Heritage Overlay to the precinct and individually significant properties, as listed above, on a permanent basis.
For details on the amendment, please visit our Amendment C386boro - Balwyn Interwar Hertiage Assessment page.
On our Council and Committee meetings page, you can access:
- a copy of the meeting minutes and UPDC report as presented at the 5 September 2022 UPDC meeting
- livestreamed meetings as they take place in real time, or catch up on recordings at your convenience.
For more information, contact Emil Dickson, Strategic Planner by emailing [email protected] or calling us on (03) 9278 4634.