If you are planning construction work that requires a crane to be placed on Council-controlled land (park, footpath, naturestrip, public car park or road), or requires the road or footpath to be closed when the crane is in operation, you'll need to apply for a Road or Footpath Occupancy Permit.

If your crane is on a declared arterial road (main road), you'll need to get approval from VicRoads. Visit VicRoads or call 13 11 70.

Cranes after hours

If you are concerned about noise from a crane that is operating outside of permitted hours, see make a noise complaint.

Was this page helpful? *