Our libraries in Ashburton, Balwyn, Camberwell, Kew and Hawthorn have meeting rooms for hire with audiovisual and kitchen facilities.
The rooms are available to any organisation or group for meetings, seminars, conferences, training, rehearsals or exhibitions. The rooms may not used for parties or receptions.
Rooms and booking rates
Browse the rooms and view booking rates:
- Ashburton Library meeting rooms
- Balwyn Library meeting rooms
- Camberwell Library meeting rooms
- Hawthorn Library meeting rooms
- Kew Library meeting rooms
To book a library meeting room
- Read the Meeting room hire terms and conditions.
- Go to the Boroondara Library Service Meeting Rooms online bookings calendar and check if the room you need is available.
- Go to the Book a library meeting room form and submit your request.
- Go to the Boroondara Library Service Meeting Rooms online bookings calendar and check availability.
- Log into your account for the Boroondara Library Service Meeting Rooms online bookings web page and book directly on the calendar, or
- Go to the Book a library meeting room form and submit your request and a member of staff will create the booking on your behalf.
We answer booking requests during working hours, from Monday to Friday.
All booking requests need to be in writing via the web form (preferred) or email to [email protected]. Requests may take up to 5 working days to process.
Fee payment is required before room access is provided. We accept payment in cash, by EFTPOS or by cheque.
An invoice for payment of meeting room hire charges may be requested. Requests must be submitted in writing at least 14 days in advance of the booking.
Key collection and room access
Rooms are accessed by swipe cards or keys, which you must collect in person during library hours at the library where the meeting room is located within 48 hours of the date of the room booking.
Return the swipe cards and any keys or accessories inside the boxes provided at the end of the booking to library staff or through the library returns chute.
Audiovisual equipment and wi-fi
Audiovisual equipment with HDMI and VGA connections is available in all our meeting rooms. Basic instructions are provided in the room.
It's important that you familiarise yourself with the equipment as we can't provide technical assistance.
Sign in to the Boroondara Library Services wi-fi network using your personal library membership number and password.
Amendments, cancellations and refunds
To amend a current booking, email [email protected].
To cancel a booking:
- sign in to the Boroondara Libraries Meeting Rooms system, or
- email the cancellation details to [email protected].
In the event of a cancellation, the following will apply:
- If you cancel more than 7 days from booking, there is no charge and fees paid in advance are fully refundable.
- if you cancel less than 7 days from booking, full payment of hire fee is required.
- Refunds are considered if the booking is cancelled in writing with at least 7 days' notice.
Refer to the library room hire terms and conditions for more information.
Other venues for hire
In addition to Library meeting rooms, there are many other venues for hire across the City: