Our libraries in Ashburton, Balwyn, Camberwell, Hawthorn and Kew have meeting rooms for hire with audiovisual and kitchen facilities.
You must register before booking a meeting room. After you have registered, the library meeting rooms are available to any organisation or group for:
You cannot use the rooms for parties or receptions.
Rooms and booking rates
Browse the rooms and view booking rates:
- Ashburton Library meeting rooms
- Balwyn Library meeting rooms
- Camberwell Library meeting rooms
- Hawthorn Library meeting rooms
- Kew Library meeting rooms
Before using the Library Meeting Rooms, you must first complete and agree to the conditions of room usage.
To complete the agreement, download the COVIDSafe Plan Libraries template and email to [email protected] for approval.
You will receive notice within 5 working days of your approval.
For questions about this plan, email [email protected]
More information can be found at Support for residents and businesses.
Download the COVIDSafe Plan template
All groups that sign and submit this COVIDSafe agreement will be able to self-manage their bookings by logging in to their Boroondara Library Meeting Rooms online booking account.
- Download and complete the COVIDSafe plan
- Read the meeting room hire terms and conditions.
- Check online bookings calendar for availability of dates and spaces.
- Submit your booking enquiry.
- Download and complete the COVIDSafe plan.
- Review the meeting room hire terms and conditions.
- Login to your online booking portal to check dates, create bookings and get confirmation straight away
For help, submit a booking enquiry.
We answer booking requests during working hours, from Monday to Friday.
Payments and cancellations
Fee payments are via invoice. You will get an invoice at the end of each month that you have had a booking within. Bookings cancelled with less than 7 days’ notice will incur an invoice.
Key collection and room access
Rooms are accessed by swipe cards or keys, which you must collect in person during library hours at the library where the meeting room is located.
Return the swipe cards and any keys or accessories inside to library staff or through the library returns chute.
Audiovisual equipment and wi-fi
Audiovisual equipment with HDMI and VGA connections is available in all our meeting rooms. Basic instructions are provided in the room.
It's important that you familiarise yourself with the equipment as we can't provide technical assistance.
Sign in to the Boroondara Library Services wi-fi network using your personal library membership number and password.
Emergency response information
Evacuation and emergency procedures for our rooms will be sent in the confirmation email when your booking is finalised.
Defibrillators are accessible at the following locations:
- Ashburton - In the Ashburton Library foyer
- Balwyn - In the McDonald's at 318 Whitehorse Road, adjacent to Balwyn Library
- Camberwell - In the Camberwell Library foyer, adjacent to Meeting Room 1
- Hawthorn - Ground level of the Precinct opposite Hawthorn Early Years, near the lift
- Kew - In the Kew Library foyer
Changes, cancellations and refunds
To change a current booking, email [email protected]
To cancel a booking within 7 days:
- sign in to the Boroondara Libraries Meeting Rooms portal or
- email the cancellation details to [email protected].
Notice period for refunds:
- refunds are considered if the booking is cancelled in writing with at least 7 days' notice.
- if you cancel less than 7 days from booking, full payment of hire fee is required
- if you cancel more than 7 days from booking, there is no charge and fees are fully refundable.
Refer to the library room hire terms and conditions for more information.
Other venues for hire
In addition to Library meeting rooms, there are many other venues for hire across Boroondara: