Boroondara has many areas where you can take your dog for a run off the lead.
You can use these designated areas, provided you:
- carry a leash at all times
- don't allow your dog to worry or threaten any person or animal
- bring your dog under your control immediately if it threatens any person or animal
- keep your dog at least 30m away from in-use barbecues or picnic areas, public meetings or sporting events
- don't allow your dog within a playground and keep it on a lead within 10m of the perimeter of a playground
- pick up after your dog with a suitable plastic bag and place it in a bin (you can be fined if you don't clean up after your pet).
Using a shared space
Everyone who uses a shared space is responsible for the safety of those around them. For example:
- Dog owners need to have their dog under effective control
- Bike riders need to travel at a speed and in a manner that enables them to avoid people and/or animals
- Pedestrians need to be mindful of activities around them.