Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed
If you have determined that you need a Planning Permit for your project:
- Obtain a clear copy of your Certificate of Title including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days' old.
- Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
- Obtain a design response or explanation of the proposed use of the aerial or antenna. A design response is a plan that depicts how the proposed design responds to its context. It supports the proposal by showing how the design works within the site's constraints.
- Obtain a plan drawn to scale (1:100 or 1:200) with full dimensions, as well as an A3-sized set. The plan must show the site, floor layout and elevations.
- See whether your application is eligible to be fast-tracked under VicSmart.
- Complete the Application for a Planning Permit.
- Lodge the form, application fee and supporting documents with Council, as detailed on the application form. For fee information, email Statutory Planning.
- Now, check whether you need a Building Permit.