Check if your property is on the Victorian Heritage Register
- Refer to the report from Planning Maps Online.
- Look for the Heritage Overlay Schedule link and take note of the schedule number.
- Click the Heritage Overlay Schedule link. The Schedule to the Heritage Overlay page appears.
- Find your schedule number. See whether the 'Included on the Victorian Heritage Register' column displays 'Yes' for your schedule number.
If the property is on the Victorian Heritage Register:
- You may need approval from Heritage Victoria for or any buildings and works including internal changes. Contact Heritage Victoria for advice on how to apply for their approval.
- You may continue to apply for other permits while your Heritage Victoria application is being assessed. But you can only begin construction after all necessary approvals and permits are granted.
Is your property listed on the Victorian Heritage Register?
- If yes, contact Heritage Victoria and apply for their approval. Then check for a Land Subject to Inundation, Public Acquisition or Special Building Overlay
- If no, go to the next step.