Cr Cynthia Watson
- [email protected]
- Phone: 9835 7846
- Mobile: 0419 488 204
- Post: Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
Cr Watson is married with four children, three boys and one girl, and has lived in Balwyn North since 1999.
"My vision for Boroondara is to defend our heritage, protect our environment, enhance liveability through developing and sustaining our community and its assets, create conversation and build connectedness in neighbourhoods."
- Chair - Urban Planning Special Committee
- Audit Committee
- Statutory Planning Advisory Committee
- Waste Management Reference Group
- Balwyn Community Centre Steering Committee
- Canterbury Community Hub Steering Committee
- Boroondara Eisteddfod Advisory Committee
- Library Services Advisory Committee
- Town Hall Gallery Collection Advisory Committee
External management committees
- Metropolitan Waste Management Group Forum
- Victorian Local Governance Association - Substitute
Memberships and associations
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
Hobbies and interests
Tennis, music, reading and writing.
Maranoa Ward newsletter
History of Maranoa Ward
Maranoa Ward takes it name from the native garden established by John Middleton Watson on land he bought in the early 1890s.
He named the gardens Maranoa after a river in Queensland, from an Indigenous word meaning flowing, alive or running.
Mr Watson continued to buy land in the area, most of which later became Beckett Park. He began to create gardens on one side with indigenous species from Australian and New Zealand.
The area was previously known as One Tree Hill or Canterbury Park, Balwyn.