Cr Cynthia Watson, Mayor
- [email protected]
- Phone: 9835 7846
- Mobile: 0419 488 204
- Post: Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
- Audit Committee
- Management Performance Review Committee
- Budget Process Review Working Group
- Balwyn Community Centre Steering Committee
- Canterbury Community Precinct Steering Committee
- Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Advisory Group
- Communications Committee
- Volunteer of the Year Advisory Group
- Boroondara Eisteddfod Advisory Committee
- Boroondara Community Strengthening Grants Assessment Panel
- Town Hall Gallery Collection Advisory Committee
- Library Services Advisory Committee
- Boroondara - Swinburne University of Technology Collaborative Panel
- Boroondara Early Years Advisory Committee
History of Maranoa Ward
Maranoa Ward takes it name from the native garden established by John Middleton Watson on land he bought in the early 1890s.
He named the gardens Maranoa after a river in Queensland, from an Indigenous word meaning flowing, alive or running.
Mr Watson continued to buy land in the area, most of which later became Beckett Park. He began to create gardens on one side with indigenous species from Australian and New Zealand.
The area was previously known as One Tree Hill or Canterbury Park, Balwyn.