Cr Jack Wegman
- [email protected]
- Phone: 9835 7843
- Mobile: 0417 525 559
- Post: Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
- Management Performance Review Committee
- Junction Skate and BMX Park Advisory Group
- Marketplace Development Fund
- Boroondara Community Strengthening Grants Assessment Panel
History of Junction Ward
Camberwell Junction developed around the hotel licensed in 1857 by George Eastaway, which was built near where the main roads meet.
The area was formerly known as Red Gum Flat. Town Commons were set aside below, and a school, churches and Camberwell Town Hall built. This name was also used for residents across the boundary road in Hawthorn.
The Junction shopping centre spread to, and beyond, the new railway station in the 1880s. The name recalls the original village established around the Camberwell Cross, or crossroads.