Cr Jim Parke
- [email protected]
- Phone: 9278 4457
- Post: Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
Cr Jim Parke was elected to represent Bellevue Ward in October 2012 and elected unopposed in 2016. He was Mayor in 2015-2016 and 2017-2018 and chaired the Urban Planning Special Committee in 2014-2015 and 2016-2017.
After 10 years' service as a councillor, Jim Parke was awarded a certificate of outstanding service by the Municipal Association of Victoria in October 2015. Cr Parke has also served two terms on the Toowoomba City Council in Queensland.
Cr Jim Parke is a lawyer and certified practising accountant. He is an accredited specialist in business law and holds a Bachelor of Laws and Master of Laws from Queensland University of Technology, a Master of Jurisprudence from Bond University, a Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance from the Governance Institute of Australia and a Graduate Diploma in Management from Swinburne University of Technology, where he is completing a Master of Business Administration.
Cr Parke served as a community member of the Adult Parole Board of Victoria from 2014-2017. Strongly community-minded, Jim Parke is the only Australian ever to hold the office of president of Crime Stoppers International. He has also served as chairman of Crime Stoppers Australia, chairman of Crime Stoppers Queensland, president of the Victims of Crime Association of Queensland.
He also served as deputy chairman of Volunteering Australia and is a past president of the Victorian division of the Institute of Mercantile Agents. Cr Parke is a former patron of the Camberwell Historical Society.
Memberships and associations
- Fellow, CPA Australia
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Management
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Secretaries
- Fellow, Governance Institute of Australia
- Certified Member of the Australian Human Resources Institute
- Member, Australian College of Educators
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, Planning Institute of Australia
- Audit Committee
- Management Performance Review Committee
- Kew Recreation Centre - Aquatics Renewal Steering Committee
- Boroondara Community Safety Advisory Committee
- Boroondara - Swinburne University of Technology Collaborative Panel
Hobbies and interests
Motor racing, pistol shooting, theatre and film, literature, walking and travel.
Bellevue Ward newsletter
History of Bellevue Ward
Bellevue Ward is named after a street called Bellevue in the 1922 Camberwell City Heights subdivision. The estate was a strip of land from Doncaster Road to Koonung Creek, between Hill and Bulleen roads.