Cr Jim Parke
Cr Jim Parke was elected to represent Bellevue Ward in October 2012 and re-elected in 2016 and 2020. He is chair of the Urban Planning Delegated Committee and was Mayor in 2015-2016 and 2017-2018. He previously chaired the (then) Urban Planning Special Committee in 2014-2015 and 2016-2017.
After 15 years' service as a councillor, Jim Parke was awarded a certificate of outstanding service by the Municipal Association of Victoria in October 2020. Cr Parke has also served two terms on the Toowoomba City Council in Queensland.
Cr Jim Parke is a lawyer and certified practising accountant. He is an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Law (by the Law Institute of Victoria) and holds a Bachelor of Laws and Master of Laws from Queensland University of Technology, a Master of Jurisprudence from Bond University, a Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance from the Governance Institute of Australia and a Graduate Diploma in Management from Swinburne University of Technology, where he is completing a Master of Business Administration. In addition, he holds an Advanced Diploma in Work Health and Safety, a Diploma of Security and Risk Management, a Diploma of Training and Assessment and a Diploma of Quality Auditing.
Cr Parke served as a community member of the Adult Parole Board of Victoria from 2014-2017. Strongly community-minded, Jim Parke is the only Australian ever to hold the office of president of Crime Stoppers International. He has also served as chairman of Crime Stoppers Australia, chairman of Crime Stoppers Queensland, president of the Victims of Crime Association of Queensland.
He also served as deputy chairman of Volunteering Australia and is a past president of the Victorian division of the Institute of Mercantile Agents. Cr Parke is a former patron of the Camberwell Historical Society.
Memberships and associations
- Fellow, CPA Australia
- Fellow, Institute of Financial Accountants
- Fellow, Institute of Public Accountants
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Management
- Fellow, Chartered Governance Institute
- Fellow, Governance Institute of Australia
- Certified Member of the Australian Human Resources Institute
- Member, Australian College of Educators
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, Planning Institute of Australia
- Statutory Planning Advisory Committee
- Kew Recreation Centre Steering Committee
- Glenferrie Precinct Development Plan Advisory Committee
- Boroondara Community Safety Advisory Committee
- Library Services Advisory Committee
Hobbies and interests
- Motor racing
- pistol shooting
- the arts
- his German Shepherds, Kaiser and Xena.
Download the Bellevue Ward newsletter
History of Bellevue Ward
Bellevue Ward is named after a street called Bellevue in the 1922 Camberwell City Heights subdivision. The estate was a strip of land from Doncaster Road to Koonung Creek, between Hill and Bulleen roads.